New course dates
The dates for the next Exploring Your Roots Genealogy Course have been finalised – the course will run for ten weeks from October to December 2023.
Delivered via Zoom for two hours each evening, this course will focus on records from both Northern Ireland and Ireland to help you discover more about the lives of your Irish ancestors.
Don’t worry if you are unable to attend a session because each one will be recorded and you will have access to the recordings for 3 months.
In addition to the recordings, you will have a Powerpoint handout and a comprehensive list of sources for each topic covered.
Places are limited to facilitate discussion and questions by participants.
This is the tenth course delivered by Natalie Bodle, an experienced professional genealogist and educator.
Genealogy course subjects
The course includes the following topics:
- Getting started and organising your research
- Sources of information
- Units of administration – townlands, parishes, etc
- Civil registration of births, deaths and marriages
- Church records
- Census and census substitutes
- Land, property and valuation records
- Wills and testamentary records
- Emigration and transportation
- Military records
- Occupational and educational records
- Local Government records
- Law and order records
- Electoral records
- Workhouse records
- Directories, newspapers, journals, gazetteers
- Getting started with DNA testing
The course will run from 7.00-9.00pm GMT on the following dates:
- Week 1 – Tuesday 03 October 2023
- Week 2 – Tuesday 10 October 2023
- Week 3 – Tuesday 17 October 2023
- Week 4 – Tuesday 24 October 2023
- Week 5 – Tuesday 31 October 2023
- Week 6 – Tuesday 07 November 2023
- Week 7 – Tuesday 14 November 2023
- Week 8 – Tuesday 21 November 2023
- Week 9 – Tuesday 28 November 2023
- Week 10 – Tuesday 05 December 2023
Cost of course
The course costs £120 sterling per person.
Your place will be confirmed upon payment of the invoice.
For more information about the course please see our Courses page.
To see what past course attendees have said, please see our Testimonials page.
Book your place
You can book your place on the course by clicking on the button above. Once you have registered, you will receive an email with a link to a secure payment page. Your place on the course will confirmed upon payment.Natalie Bodle, a native of Northern Ireland is the author of the Roots Blog and founder of Roots Revealed. She is a professionally qualified genealogist and is a member of APG and of the Genealogical Speakers Guild. She is also a qualified tour guide and a member of TGNI. Her first book Tracing your family history using Irish newspapers and other printed material is due to be published by Pen and Sword in February 2024. Roots Revealed provides genealogy research services to clients who are searching for their Irish, Northern Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors, in addition to bespoke genealogy tours and family history courses and talks. For more information about the full range of services provided by Roots Revealed, please visit www.rootsrevealed.co.uk or get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org